Tuesday, May 11, 2004

An eventful day...


Today was the launch of Project Scotland, an initiative to encourage young Scots to take a gap year to undertake volunteering work, while getting support for living costs.

I spent the morning at the press launch in Bute House, the First Minister's official residence in Edinburgh. Always interesting to get away from the desk…

If you're interested in Project Scotland, there's an article on the Scottish Executive's website:

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/pages/news/2004/05/SENWw833.aspx

Unfortunately, when I got back to my desk, I heard the breaking news of an explosion in Glasgow. A plastics factory has collapsed, injuring a large number of people. A number are still trapped under debris now. Thankfully, as yet, there are no reports of casualties.

As you'll probably guess, where I work is very much affected by the News…