Wednesday, May 19, 2004

I've been neglecting my blogging...

It's only a week in, and I've already been neglecting my blogging. Slap wrist. Bad boy.

Had a good weekend, went to Kelso (many people asked me why...). There's not a huge amount there, but the River Teviot just outside the town's very pretty, and I saw a nice big salmon swimming along. Melrose is quite pretty too - the Abbey and the buildings near it.

Sadly, weekends are far too short, so Monday found me back at work. Much as the cut and thrust of politics interests me, I'm beginning to get fed up of the long hours I have to work (one of my colleagues refers to it as the Hamster Wheel... pretty accurate descriptionif you ask me!). I've been doing this job for over a year and a half now, and I'm beginning to feel my time should come to an end soon.

I've set myself a target of September 2005 to get out of this job and into something else. Trouble is, I'm used to the overtime money, so it'll need to be better paid than the standard rate I get!

I'd love to be able to sell my photographs for a living, but realistically, I'd need to shift a hell of a lot of photos to pay the mortgage. And that's just on a one bedroom flat in Leith!

Sometime soon, I'm hoping to have my website up and running to sell some of my prints, but for now, it's a bit of a blank canvas at www.kyoburn.co.uk until I get the time to do some web design on it. Come back soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home